Tonight, I listened to the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra play, and wow. What an amazing concert!
I actually attended Distant Worlds last year too, but this was so much better than I remembered. Nobuo Uematsu was in attendance again, and as expected, the crowd gave him an extremely warm welcome.
At the end of the concert, Uematsu got a 4-minute standing ovation (no exaggeration!) from everyone in the Final Fantasy fan-filled hall.
Zanarkand (Final Fantasy X)
My favorite song from FF.
Here was the evening’s setlist
- Opening~Bombing Mission (FINAL FANTASY VII)
- Don’t be Afraid (FINAL FANTASY VIII)
- Memoro de la Stono (FINAL FANTASY XI)
- Medley 2002 (FINAL FANTASY I-III)
- Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (FINAL FANTASY VII)
- Prima Vista Orchestra (FINAL FANTASY IX)
- Kiss Me Goodbye (FINAL FANTASY XII)
- Zanarkand (FINAL FANTASY X)
- FINAL FANTASY series: Main Theme
- The Man with the Machine Gun (FINAL FANTASY VIII)
- Theme of Love (FINAL FANTASY IV)
- JENOVA (FINAL FANTASY VII)
- Ronfaure (FINAL FANTASY XI)
- FINAL FANTASY XIII medley
- FINAL FANTASY XIV medley
- Opera “Maria and Draco” (FINAL FANTASY VI)
- Terra’s Theme (FINAL FANTASY VI)
(If you liked this, you might like Travels in Japan.)